What’s A Liebster Award?
There are many awards given in the social media world. There’s many with more subscribers and many with less. But getting a mention by a fellow blogger is nice. Thanks to Taylor at TheAggieHipster!
And it’s a fun way to pass along some other cool blogs y’all might like too. These are ‘smaller’ blogs but worth taking a look at!
1. Lara at My Other More Exciting Self. Lara’s someone I can talk turkey with. No really – turkeys! And other things.
2. Melanie at Bellbottom Farm. A longtime friend, agvocate and pony fan, she’s treasured more than she knows.
3. Doberman Daze get’s Diva’s woof of approval – and some thought provoking posts too!
4. Lona at ShadySideFarm shares the challenges and good times from their farm.
5. JaWar – Business, motivational, speaking. We don’t agree on all things 100% – what fun would that be?! – but love his direct challenges to think for yourself and find what’s right for you.
6. Kate – Teaching What Is Good – what’s not to like about that?!
7. Another friend, Jennifer Dickey Elwell, doesn’t get as much blog time lately but has great info when she posts. Check her out here.
8. I always enjoy what Darin has to say, ramblings or no. Food for thought indeed!
If the bloggers I have nominated below want to accept their Liebster Award, they need to:
- Thank the person who nominated them.
- Nominate 10 up & coming blogs they follow for the award.
- Answer the 10 questions I gave them.
- Create 10 questions of their own for their nominations to answer.
- Oh & don’t forget to blog about it and put the award up on your page!
1. In 3 words what does agriculture mean to you? Life. Independence. Comfort.
2. What’s your favorite winter Olympic event? Skijoring never made it officially past the demo stage, so I guess figure skating.
3. What’s your favorite quote? Success is for those whose desires are greater than their fears.
4. What’s your favorite sport/ team? Horse racing, rodeo.
5. Why did you decide to start blogging? To tell what we do, and why. Connect with others who are interested in agriculture, food choices and other common topics.
6. If you could have anyone over for dinner who would it be and why? My mom ’cause one more dinner would be awesome. Beyond that the possibilities are many but Reba…because she’s done so many things both creative and business.
7. If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Ireland to visit friends, Scotland.
8. What’s your favorite cartoon character? Maxine.
9. Who do you admire the most? The list is long and for different reasons. Stephen Cochran for what he’s done and where he’s been. My parents. Gary Stevens.
10. What’s your all time favorite band/song? Too many to list!! Especially songs – a soundtrack! Bands – teenage was Bay City Rollers. Since then Journey, Bad English, Alabama, Diamond Rio, Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Osmonds.
And for the bloggers who wish to participate (it’s a diverse group!) their 10 questions are:
1. What’s 1-2 things you are passionate about sharing on your blog?
2. What’s your guilty pleasure?
3. If you could spend a day with anyone in history past or present who would it be an why?
4. You have $500 to spend on anything you want – what would it be?
5. If you could move your current home (or farm) anywhere else where would it be and why?
6. What are a couple groups or organizations that you lend support (time and/or money) to? What makes them important to you?
7. Favorite thing about spring?
8. Do you have a ‘motto’ or saying that is important to you? What is it?
9. What do you hope to achieve this year?
10. Favorite breakfast?